My name is Ben Stevens and I’m a freelance UX/UI designer.
I work with businesses, digital agencies, institutions, and charities as a freelance UX/UI designer, helping to bring digital ideas to life. If you need a freelance UX/UI designer for your next project, then get in touch.
Why hire a freelance UX/UI designer?
An experienced freelance UX/UI designer will work with you to identify and implement high-level design decisions based on your customers’ needs. They will use their knowledge and insights gained through research to achieve your business objectives with improved user experiences.
For the last 9+ years I have worked with clients on many different projects – from single-page websites, to complex business applications. These projects include: an award-winning iPad app that helps primary school children learn joined-up handwriting, interactive touchscreen games for a visitors centre in St. Lucia, and a website for the music producer behind the Spice Girls.
You can see more of my projects on the work page.
Got a project in mind?
UX/UI design skills
- User interface design – from concept to final product, in Sketch, Illustrator or Photoshop.
- User experience design – Wireframing (Axure, Omnigraffle), Prototyping (Marvel, Invision), User testing.
- Web development – HTML/CSS/JS, including SASS, Grunt, and AngularJS framework.
- Mobile app development – Familiarity with Xcode, Cordova, and Ionic framework.
- Game development – Unity3D
A bit about me
- Senior-level designer, began career in 2001
- Degree-qualified – BA Hons Graphic Information Design (First class), University of Westminster
- Student mentor and visiting lecturer
- Freelance clients include Alzheimers Society, Ninja Tune Records, Institute of Development Studies, as well as London digital agencies including rehabstudio, and ustwo.
If you’re looking for a freelance UX/UI designer in the UK (on-site or remote), please contact me with any queries using the contact form. I will get back to you as soon as possible with my current availability. Thank you for visiting.