I’m Ben Stevens, a digital product designer & developer based in the United Kingdom.
I’ve been helping companies create great user experiences since 2001 when I began my first job as a web and motion graphics designer in Central London. I now work for a variety of clients on a contract/freelance basis, offering design and development services for mobile apps, websites, games, and software titles.
Primary areas of expertise:
- UI design
- UX design
- Front-end web development
- Game development
- Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Omnigraffle, Invision/Marvel, Slack;
- Atom, Xcode, bower, npm, Grunt, Gulp, Cordova, Electron, git.
Timeline of life events, illustrated by emoji:
- c.1989 – Parents buy my first computer, Amstrad CPC 6128, aged 8. Learned to write games with BASIC 🕹
- 1996 – Made my first website on my aunt’s PC because they had THE INTERNET (on dial-up obviously!) 💻🤓
- 1999 – Moved to London to study BA (hons) Graphic Information Design degree at the University of Westminster 🏙
- 2001 – First design job creating motion graphics for digital signage and in-store kiosks 💼
- 2003 – Graduated University of Westminster with first class honours 🎓🥇
- 2008 – After five years working for creative & tech startups in London, I went freelance full-time. Worked as a Flash developer for ustwo and rehabstudio 💥
- 2010 – My son Alex was born (things got serious) 🍼👶
- 2015 – My daughter Isla was born (things got even more serious!) 🍼🍼👶👶
- 2017 – Still loving life and work 😊💯
Please browse my work to get a better idea of how I can help you or you company on your next digital project.